Monday, July 25, 2011

The Start of Something New

Several things have happened recently to get me to this point. My mom, before vacation, handed me a book I had been interested in titled "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst (thus the name of my blog), she has also inspired me by her own weight loss, and watching my niece be born. All these have made me think a lot about my own life. It's so easy to say "I want to be healthier" not always so easy to do. For years I have made goals for myself of jean sizes or goal weights only to fail at obtaining the goal because I didn't even try. Watching my niece come into the world changed my life. It made me think about the day when I to have a family. I want to be one of those mom's who is active and plays with their children, and this had me think, why wait until I have them to get healthy. Now is the time to start, to make my lifestyle changes to that it's easier to teach them healthy habits.

Made to Crave talks about how we are made for something more and how we need to turn to God instead of food for comfort. This is something I struggle with. Food is a friend of mine (or an enemy depending on the day). I don't view is as a way to fuel my body, it's a way to comfort my emotions. In the book it talks about accountability and how crucial it is to have. So I thought I would blog about this journey. What better way to keep track of my progress and what I am learning along this journey and to stay accountable? I feel like this will be a great way to keep myself in check, get advice and stay motivated while maybe even motivating others.

Today starts with getting rid of food that is not healthy. Tomorrow starts the tracking of food and exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment