Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 1

Today was a day of realizations. While driving to the park to go hiking, I realized that when I go on long car trips I have to have something to snack on, even if I am not hungry. Today I didn't! I was able to get through the car trip without stopping for a snack, I am trying really hard to eat when I am hungry and not just eat because it's something to do.

My hubby and I went to a state park today and hiked. We ended up going on the most rugged one which involved climbing on rocks and hiking up a creek. We ended up getting lost and going on several trails. We spent 2 hours lost in God's creation and it was so exhausting and fun! It felt so great to do something healthy and challenging (for a city girl like me the thought of running into animals/ bugs is a challenge in itself)!

At dinner I did give in and opt for an unhealthy choice of onion rings. I ended up paying for it in heartburn but as I started to feel guilty about making a poor choice I was reminded that this is a journey and the purpose of this is to break the cycle of fighting food. I was able to pray about it and let it go. Later that evening when we stopped at a gas station to buy water I was tempted to buy a soda but I knew that in the long run it was not something that my body needed and that it would not be worth the taste in the end. Overall it was a great day, full of small victories! I feel acomplished and praise God that I was able to get through the first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment