Sunday, August 7, 2011

Under Construction...

Several things have happened this week. It has been a hard week and while I have been able to keep myself from eating out of emotion I haven't been on my guard about eating the correct foods. While I have been feeling convicted about it and admit that my efforts have been half hearted in this journey so far I am pleased to announce that not only do I feel better but I was able to wear a skirt today that I wasn't able to zip up during the school year. I can tell that my body is already changing and feel like crap when I eat poorly.

Yesterday I went and watched a friend of mine run a half marathon. While I don't plan on becoming that hard core it did inspire me to follow my dream of being a runner. Who says I can't become athletic? Is it just something our society came up with? If you're not "athletic" that's it you can't succeed at anything active. I feel like that's how we are conditioned to think. I grew up thinking I wasn't "athletic" and it wasn't until I talked to a PE Ed prof I had in college that it clicked that I could do it. I was thinking about that conversation this morning. I was talking to my prof about how I played volleyball in highschool but wasn't really athletic. She responded with a "says who?". I never felt like an athlete. I didn't train hard or eat super healthy, I wasn't super skinny or made of muscle. So here we go. Following my dreams of becoming a runner! Already have a 5k planned that I will start by running and walk when I need to.

Driving my husband to work this afternoon an Addison Road song came on that spoke to me in ways it never has before. It talks about being a "change in the making" and being "under construction" and I feel like that really explains where I am in my life right now in every aspect. Thus the title of today's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment