Sunday, August 14, 2011

Freedom...

I haven't been able to blog because blogspot has been down... but lots has been going on in my life and in my heart lately.

I am for the first time truely experiencing the freedom that comes from full trust in God. Not just in food choices but also in every aspect of life. I turned down a job (the only one I was offered at the time) because I knew it was not where God wanted me and He confirmed it through other people. And even though I'm a little concerned because I am still seeking employment I know that God is going to provide and meet our needs. The feeling I felt when I stepped out in faith and did what I knew was right was a feeling I had never had before. Some people think I'm crazy but I know it was the right thing to do. He has already provided me with an opportunity to make money this week while I am still searching.

Now comes the food side... This week has been a bad week for me when it comes to food choices... I caught myself eating out of anxiety or emotion and was able to stop myself but still found myself frusterated at the fact that I started in the first place! But I am proud of myself that I was able to realize what I was doing and stop myself. I joined an accountabilty group and I had to think of some goals for myself so I thought that I would share them on here:
1. healthy choices - not giving into cravings or peer pressure from friends to eat when not hungry or because "it sounds good"
2. not eating out of emotion - focus on fueling my body
3. exercise 5 times a week
4, be down at least 1 pant size by christmas - currently a 18 sometimes 16 and would like to be a consistent 16 sometimes 14 (complete goal is a size 10/12 but baby steps)
5. read my Bible and have personal devo time every morning, be able to find God in 3 things every day

So anyone who reads this feel free to ask me how I'm doing! I'm nervous because I have never been a part of an accountability group. There's a part of me (the flesh side) that is saying "If you do this they will ask, they will know when you mess up. You will have to think twice before you eat that cookie." but there's the part of my heart that say "You NEED this, it's to help you, you can be better than this." So here we go on a new step of the journey. Excited and nervous but knowing God will provide and be glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment